You can make a difference right now to protect the natural beauty of America — our wildlife, our waters, and our lands. Below are gift options that go to work immediately to conserve and protect the wildlife we cherish.
Recommend a grant from your Donor Advised Fund
You can initiate a grant recommendation from your Donor Advised Fund, or DAF, by clicking the link below and typing in your fund provider name. The system will prompt you through the process.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Many donors feel that the direct transfer of funds from an IRA to the National Wildlife Federation is an effective way to reduce their taxable income while strengthening conservation in America. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the National Wildlife Federation.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the National Wildlife Federation, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- The transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the National Wildlife Federation, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Gifts of stock shares
You can donate appreciated shares of stock directly to the National Wildlife Federation. Doing so provides a gift of full value with no taxes to be paid.