You can leave all or part of your financial accounts – such as retirement accounts, commercial annuities, life insurance policies, bank and brokerage accounts, and other assets — directly to the National Wildlife Federation. With this option, you impact our work for years to come and possibly ease burdensome estate and income taxes for your loved ones in the future.
Retirement plan gift
- Remove highly taxable assets from your estate by direct beneficiary designation
- Avoid probate fees
- No cost to you now to give
- Create your conservation legacy with the National Wildlife Federation
Please contact your plan administrator to request the beneficiary designation form to name the Federation as a beneficiary on your retirement plan.
IRA Charitable Rollover
At age 70 ½, IRA owners must begin withdrawing Required Mandatory Distributions. If this is additional income, donors can make a gift to NWF by requesting a direct a transfer from their financial institution to the NWF. Gifts can be made up to $100,000 for individuals and $200,000 for couples which can be a significant tax savings and a meaningful way to support creating a brighter future for wildlife.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the National Wildlife Federation, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Life insurance policy gift
- May receive a deduction in taxes
- See firsthand how your gift supports our work if the National Wildlife Federation cashes in the policy
- Create your conservation legacy. If the National Wildlife Federation retains the policy to maturity, or you name it as a beneficiary, once the policy matures, the proceeds of your policy will be paid to the National Wildlife Federation
Gifts of securities
- Simple title change will direct your highly appreciated asset to the National Wildlife Federation.
- Reduces income tax and estate taxes for your loved ones when passed to the Federation.
- Creates your conservation legacy with the National Wildlife Federation.